Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Clean Eating Pumpkin Spice Latte

Alrighty then, I have scoured the internet for the perfect clean eating pumpkin spice latte. I never found one I was really into so I made my own, adapted from a few I found on Pinterest. I'm not one to want my morning coffee to taste like dessert. There is a time and a place for everything and 6:30 a.m. is not that time for massive sugar consumption but it is a good time for flavor. So here is my adaptation, feel free to adapt. I love everything in a mason jar. Makes it looked ho made.


1 15-oz. can pumpkin puree
2.5 c. unsweetened almond milk (plain or vanilla)
1/3 c. cane sugar/agave nectar
2 T. pure vanilla extract
1 T Pumpkin Pie Spice
Directions:
In a blender, combine all the pumpkin spice mixture ingredients. Puree for about 30 seconds. The mixture should be super smooth
To assemble:
The ratio is relative to your taste buds. I like ¼ cup of pumpkin spice mixture to 1 cup of coffee/espresso. In a coffee cup, microwave the pumpkin spice mixture for 20-30 seconds, then add your coffee and stir it up. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Or if you are looking to get crazy, put some chocolate shavings in there. NOTE: This is not very sweet since I don’t typically like my morning coffee to taste like dessert. That’s just me adjust the sweetener as needed but most of you are sweet enough already.
The rest of the pumpkin spice mixture will fit nicely into a quart mason jar or anything else you have laying around with a tight lid. Store in the refrigerator. When you make another, just shake it all up to remix. This survives for a week in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment